Known for decades as a quiet fishing lake, Lake Oconee now offers the convenience of fine dining, gated communities, country clubs, and championship golf, alongside the world class fishing, water sports, solitude and serenity. The nearby towns of Eatonton and Greensboro are the icing on the cake, with unique shopping, southern charm, excellent schools, and medical facilities.
Welcome to Lake Oconee & Your New Lifestyle
Halfway between Atlanta and Augusta, Lake Oconee is a great escape from the city, which also offers exclusive upscale amenities. The Ritz Carlton at Reynolds Plantation, the Lodge, Cuscowilla, the Harbor Club and several others offer Stay and Play packages while you relax and explore. Far less crowded than lakes north of Atlanta, Lake Oconee offers more peace of mind on and off the water.
With several hundred properties on the market, there are REAL BARGAINS still available… contact your own Lake expert to help you narrow down the options. You can choose between gated, golf, private, clubhouses, equestrian, pools, restaurants and many more combinations of amenities. Our deep understanding and focus on Lake Homes can make your selection of the perfect Lake retreat for your family pleasant and efficient.
- Built in 1979 when Georgia Power created Wallace Dam and flooded the Oconee valley.
- 20 miles long, 1 mile wide, 19,000 acres, average depth of 21 feet, deepest at dam at 95ft, 374 miles of shoreline
- More than 350 pounds of fish per acre.
- Two 85-acre recreational areas and there is also a 1,450 acre wildlife preserve and a 55-acre fish plot managed by Georgia Power Company.
- Recreation and Entertainment
Luxury Spa services, Championship Golf, Tennis, Fine dining, BBQs, Family oriented parks, water sports, Hiking trails, equestrian, Oconee National Forest.